The Wolverine III Helicopter UAV
The Wolverine III is an all electric, fully automatic (wePilot1000 Flight Control System), helicopter uav which can be operated with, or without a ground control station. Novatel GPS position and velocity control is available without a ground station. With a ground station, programmable waypoint tracking, automatic takeoff and automatic landing is easily accomplished. The flight control system is housed in a rugged machined aluminum enclosure which is positioned completely within the side-frames of the helicopter. This not only protects the flight control system, but also minimizes the number of cables which are outside the core autopilot box, therefore increasing reliability and ease of maintenance. In order to achieve high endurance, robust flight control methodologies are used in concert with a flybarless rotorhead.
Click here for the Wolverine brochure: Wolverine III Brochure.pdf (2.3MB)
For more information contact us here.
- Fully Functional Flight Control System: The Wolverine III system is capable of operation in three flight modes: Remote Control (R/C), Assisted, and Mission modes. R/C mode gives the pilot full control of the helicopter servos. Assisted mode allows the user to control the helicopter with simple velocity commands that can be sent either from the R/C transmitter or through a joystick connected to the groundstation computer. The mission mode allows the user to operate the vehicle via gps waypoint navigation.
- Customizable: Every mission is different and we recognize that different customers have different needs. We will work with you to create a system that meets your specifications and exceeds your expectations.
- Auto Takeoff/Landing: The Wolverine III is capable of fully autonomous takeoff and landing. A full mission can be flown with the simple push of a button.
- Lost Link Safety: The Wolverine III employs the full capability of the weControl safety features to include lost link functionality such that the vehicle will automatically return to the takeoff location and perform an autonomous landing in the event of a lost link with the groundstation.
- Lost GPS Safety: The Wolverine III utilizes full attitude control algorithms that allow operation in GPS denied environments.
The Wolverine III UAS has been designed around the WePilot 1000 Rotary Wing Flight Control System resulting in a robust, lightweight, efficient aircraft system capable of operating in a wide range of environments with a variety of payload options. Due to the use of robust control algorithms, this can be done without any reconfiguring of the autopilot system. This means the system will perform well in winds up to 30 mph with different payload weights without any change in user settings.
The Wolverine III has the ability to allow front mounted payloads or mid-ship payloads. The configuration allows for different uses and is well suited to full 360 pan, tilt and turn for camera payloads with a gimbal we offer. Multiple camera options allow for flexible videography, including: Nikon Digital cameras, HD Video, and FLIR Infrared options.